Thursday, April 17, 2014

Supernova Melbourne!

 
Are you a nerd?  I'm not...only a little bit.  But the rest of the family are into comics big time so we do all the comic related shows.  Fortunately for us, Australia has seen a spike of Con's starting up in the last couple of years.  I think there are 3 on in Melbourne in 2014!
 
Supernova was on last weekend and we went on the Saturday.  Big mistake.  The place was so packed you could hardly move and I felt a little claustrophobic.  Next year we are definitely going on a Sunday.
 

Miss 5 was a beautiful Ballerina, Miss 12 as Lady Loki and Miss Cousin was a girl tiger with chicken feet.  Miss 12 spent weeks making her costume, including sewing it all herself.  Her Dad helped her make her sceptor and she stole a pair of my boots.  After admitting defeat with numerous wire and paper mache attempts, I bought her handmade Loki helmet hat from Etsy!


"But Mum I don't know who this is!  Is it supposed to be a teddybear or something?"


I told him no touching the fembots.


With Master Chief
 

Fighting Loki....as Lady Loki.  Yes, it's confusing.


This guy said he spent a year making his astounding Iron Man costume.


This rabbit was evil.  So evil looking the kids were drawn to it.......


I still don't know.......



If you have tweenie aged kids then you know this is Slender.


Storm.  Check her eyes!  Creepy!


And Miss 5 LOVED Princess Peach. 
Her husband was Mario and their baby was dressed as a mushroom.....so cute!
 
As for me, I was happy to find several Kawaii themed stalls inside the building to look at.  I found a stall with super cheap Erstwilder jewellery and $5 super hero brooches.  There was also steampunk clothing to drool over and Baby Burgers mayo chips to eat.....so I ended up being pretty entertained.
 
Next up, Comic Con in July!

3 comments:

  1. So fun!!! I wouldn't classify myself as a nerd/geek in the fandom sense too much, but I do certainly enjoy seeing others dress up and channel their fave characters. That's uber cute about the lady who went as Princess Peach costuming her baby as a wee mushroom.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on Sunday and it was definitely less packed than Saturday! Still busy though! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge nerd but I've never done a dress-up/cos-play thing. Seriously considering it though! Haha!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!