Monday, October 13, 2014

A Fabulous 1950's Dress


 
 
 

Why is it whenever we put ourselves on a NO BUY ban, we always see stuff we absolutely NEED??

I have had a no more dresses ban for a......few......couple......of weeks and was doing so well until this dress came up on eBay (AND Pinup Girl Clothing released Hawaiian dresses).  I watched it all week before deciding that this style of dress in a rare womanly size, hardly ever come up for sale anymore so it was more of an investment.  Right?!

Even tho all black is a color I only wear at funerals, the buttoned neckline and shoulders is just so lovely and I am a sucker for large hip pockets.

Needless to say I am back on my No Buy.  Please wish me luck.


50's Dress: eBay
Shoes: Irregular Choice

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, yeah, happens to me everytime!
    It's so cute, what the hell! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous investment! And I'm also an no-all-black girl, but if you wear it with a bright coloured cardigan it will soften the black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I went on a "no buy" for about two days, once. *shrug* I'm better off just giving myself other distracting tasks to do instead!

    Anyway, the dress is lovely and worth breaking the ban I am sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I love it!
    I know what you mean... I am currently saving for a big trip to America but I am lusting after the Shonna Hell Bunny coat so badly! And well, there's no point getting a coat for Christmas as the worst of the winter (in England) has already struck!

    I am besotted with your blog design and would love to have a graphic portrait done of me!

    I'd love you to check out my blog!
    www.AtomicAmber.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I love the dress! I have not attempted a no buy, maybe a less buy, but not brave enough for the no buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally know that feeling! Whenever there is a big show coming up and I want to save money, it's when I find ALL THE THINGS!

    I ADORE the neckline of this dress! It's beyond fabulous!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!